For a lot of people, marriage is a sacred union, whether you have a church wedding or a non-religious wedding. It feels so good to find the one you love and spend the rest of your life with them. However, there are many couples who go through the “Honeymoon phase”, and then discover that it takes a dip some time after.
During the honeymoon phase (Dr. Joy Davidson), everything is fun and exciting, and couples rarely fight during this time because they are so happy with each other. But often enough, the excitement wanes after some time and routine starts to settle in.
Some couples may suddenly feel disillusioned because of the waning of their marital bliss. But it does not have to be that way: using the following tips, you can improve your marriage and bring back some of the spark that you felt when you first got married, bringing you all the way back to the honeymoon phase.
1. Make your loved one feel special — Bring back the old butterflies by surprising your loved one and making him or her feel special. You can get her a bouquet of her favorite flowers for no other reason than you love her. For your husband, why not surprise him with his favourite meal and a relaxing massage? Pamper your loved one with small gestures that you know he or she would appreciate and enjoy.
2. Go out on dates regularly — Just because you are an aging couple, does not mean that you cannot have a little fun once in a while. Couples who still go out on dates regularly are typically happier with each other and find enjoyment in each other’s company. Try something a little different from your regular routine: go to the beach, or take a romantic getaway up in the mountains, maybe even enjoy going to the zoo if you feel like it. Switch it up to make your dates more exciting.
3. Add some spice to your sex life — Add some sexy lingerie or a daring new sex toy to your routine to make sex a little more fun. After all, sex toys are so easy to obtain nowadays especially since you can buy them online. Just have some discreet private time with your spouse. There are also some newish pills knocking about such as vimax - all-round male virility enhancer which has a good track record of being safe and effective to increase a guy’s libido and sexual staying power.
4. Learn how to communicate with your partner efficiently — Find out each other’s hopes, dreams, and most of all, each other’s problems. Communication and mutual respect will go a long way into making your marriage last.
5. Don’t take everything so seriously — Lastly, do not take your marriage so seriously! Loosen up and have some time for each other and relax. Stress can put a wedge in your relationship, so having a few lighthearted laughs now and again will definitely improve your marriage.